Friday, February 26, 2010

I've Been Inspired Today:(strawberry fabric from Cath Kidston)
Fridays are my Serendipity work day - the time to explore blogs I need to catch up on, work on my latest client's designs, update Fly, send out etsy orders, etc. Sometimes these days can be quite tedious, but not today. Why? Well because today started with this guy:Oh and this one too!:These boys make me exceedingly happy! After the fun time babysitting I came home to work but lo and behold, while meandering through the blog world I found this:Kitschen Pink is pure perfection today darlings!
Next, I came across this lyrical loveliness to add to the post:
The tulips make me want to paint,
Something about the way they drop
Their petals on the tabletop
And do not wilt so much as faint,

Something about their burnt-out hearts,
Something about their pallid stems
Wearing decay like diadems,
Parading finishes like starts,

Something about the way they twist
As if to catch the last applause,
And drink the moment through long straws,
And how, tomorrow, they’ll be missed.

The way they’re somehow getting clearer,
The tulips make me want to see
The tulips make the other me
(The backwards one who’s in the mirror,

The one who can’t tell left from right),
Glance now over the wrong shoulder
To watch them get a little older
And give themselves up to the light.
*By AE Stallings

So, inspired by Kitschen (and already wanting to give my cooking area a make-over) I found these:(tea towels from Cath Kidston)
Ahhhhh lovely day!!! Back to it now, working on the other details. . .happy weekend ya'll!!!

1 comment:

Teena Vallerine said...

glad you enjoyed my picture. have fun with your kitchen! t.x