Friday, January 09, 2009

Borrowed
You know how sometimes, the best way to say something is actually through someone else's words? I'm borrowing these today:
Noontime wind can you blow
For me one more time
And take me on back to the start
Where the midnight moon shines so bright
Nearly pulled us up to Heaven
By the strings of our heart

Take me back
To that cold and dark December
I am missing someone but I don't know who
Now I'm standing alone and I'm trying to remember
Sometimes I wonder how I ever started loving you

Morning sun shine on me
Come light inside my window
And rest on my brow
Kiss my eyes when I sleep
And carry me back home
If my dreams will allow

Take me back
To that cold and dark December
I am missing someone but I don't know who
Now I'm standing alone and I'm trying to remember
Sometimes I wonder how I ever started loving you
Someone help me understand why I'm still loving you
I borrow other things from time to time, in fact oftentimes I borrow personalities from who my imagination creates as a person and dispose those traits on my significant other, thus, getting me into lots and lots of trouble and leaving me begging for someone to help me understand why it (being love of course) won't just go away.
And then there's the medical stuff. . .I can't borrow someone else's body unfortunately, I think there's laws against that in fact. So today I'll just have to face the music and deal with the issues, maybe borrow a hankie ;)
So with all this and more at my fingertips today, I think the best possible thing I can do is borrow from one of the wisest women ever (this is ok, because she actually stole it from her grandma) Maya Angelou:
"Never whine,
it lets a brute know there's a victim in the neighborhood"

I'll be back later today guys with a more cheerful post, cross my heart and kiss my elbow!!!

Please don't scold for the "borrowed" pictures, instead, help me out if you know where they came from-thanks so much! Oh and the lyrics are from Brandi Carlile's "Josephine" song.

No comments: