Monday, June 23, 2008

HOME OFFICE
I went home this past weekend for a cookout at my friend Emily's house for her husband's birthday. While I was home my mom showed me the desk that she's just completely re-finished for me. Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures - but I've got to tell you it is FABULOUS! So I'm going to have to get started on the whole dining room/office ASAP. Lord only knows when I'll actually be able to get the desk to the city apartment because I promise it is not going to fit in this:
Nevertheless, I'm going to start planning without it.
As of right now, here is the checklist:
  • Put up work wallboards with hundreds of thousands of these:
  • Purchase fabulous area rug that is being custom-made for me as we speak thanks to quiltnmama- it will sort of look like this (only bigger):
  • Buy cutsey office supplies (on sale right now, of course) that look like this:
  • Although, these are precious as well - and while I'm at this site I can buy lighting as well!:
  • Actually, on second thought, I think I would prefer one of these:
When its all done, with lots of luck it will hopefully look something like a combination of these:
image 1: source unknown-my apologies!
images 2, 3 & 4: real simple

This is sooooo not as much fun as my fabulous (and imaginary) kitchen makeover from Saturday!!! It could have something to do with the fact that this project has an actual budget, and a very meager one at that.

No comments: