Wednesday, May 28, 2008

What do you NEED MOST right now?
Today I got an e-mail from Horchow with this title - and I asked myself, what do I need the most right now? After writing this little post I also think I could name it "what my mother thinks I need" - lol - that's what mother's do best, right? -Look after their daughters, so. . .
  • Horchow thinks I need new towels - surprisingly enough, my mother thinks that as well. Apparently my large, plain, fluffy, white, hotel-styled bath accoutrements are not enough, so I'm thinking of adding something along these lines:
Image: Horchow - Monogrammed embroidered guest towels
OR perhaps THESE from Potterybarn: OR these?:
Image: West Elm - Organic Animal Print guest towels

Truly, Cath Kidston is a bit more up my girly alley - I mean, with my polka dot shower curtain and all, I think these would look amazing!!!:
But don't you think beach towels are ever so much more fun to purchase and use? I bought a confederate flag one a few weeks ago but I think something like these from Lacoste at Horchow are most likely a bit more apropos:
Image: Horchow - Lacoste Crocodile beach towels
I've always loved Lacoste, since it coincides with memories of my father and one of my first words as a baby: Alligator (because he always pointed to the one on his shirt)
  • I also NEED ribbons for the new tester-like fabric treatment above my bed (since my mother won't stop insisting that I need some sort of headboard). I'm thinking maybe something like this:












However, I could always go with something a bit more risque' like either of these:
















Sadly, even though it is my bedroom and cheeky though they may be - I think I'll play this one on the safe side; Therefore, I need this:

All devastatingly fabulous Ribbon Images: Nicholas Kniel
  • I need several frames for artwork that my precious mom bought for me at an Estate sale last month - maybe one of these will do:

    Image: Larson-Juhl style notebook, "Golden Grandeur"
    OR
Image: Horchow - Floral Silhouette Prints
I also like the mirrored frames like this: (too bad I don't have the bird botanicals)
Image: Horchow - Bird Prints
While on Horchow's spectacularly dazzling website I also found this and decided I need to add it to my list of needs:

Image: Horchow - Hydrangea Canvas

  • And while we're on the subject of my needs, I desperately need a man that looks like this:
Image: Daniel Craig/Bond, James Bond - the sexiest one thus far, image found on this fabulous little blog
  • I need a new book to sink my teeth into - I'm thinking of maybe:

Image: The Boss of You by Emira Mears and Lauren Bacon at AMAZON
  • I need new black pumps - because my favourites are starting to look a little haggard and I'm jealous that when I called my girl Kaitlan today, she was too busy trying on shoes at Nordstrom's to talk! Therefore, I've been looking at these: Image: Payless (who knew?) - kitten heels
I always have a hard time buying necessity shoes like black heels because really I'd rather purchase something like a pair of one of these (all at anthropologie of course)
















  • But 1st things 1st: to begin with, I really seriously need new batteries so that I can load my pictures from the DC trip last weekend. Once I get those, I can share my goodies! Until then you'll just have to be satisfied with a taste and know that there are more things to come - sort of like this:
Image: National Gallery of Art, Still Life with Peonies by Paul Gauguin
All this talk of needs really sort of makes me sad though. When it comes to the "flossy flossy" blogs I read daily, I always feel terribly guilty when I jump on over to news stories like the heartbreak in China where people's former livelihoods now look like this:
image: Solders resting after looking for survivors in on the outskirts of Shifang, China Photos/Getty Images



So I think I'll spend a bit of my money 1st and foremost on a humble donation and I think you should consider it as well.
above image: Beijing drivers stepping out of their cars to take part in a moment of silence, by Robert F. Bukaty-Associated Press

Oh and while we're on the topic of doing something fabulous for other people, I have to share with you that I got the most amazingly delightful comment from Mackin Ink this morning and I am still smiling ear to ear from her generosity. Please check out her blog, its one of the best around and I think she is too!
Ciao!!!

4 comments:

karey m. said...

cath kidston and toe shoes?! i'm in. when do we go shopping.

and shall i call daniel...or should you?

karey m. said...

crap! forgot to tell you that it was a bit of a shock to see me at the end of this! but what i told you seems true to me...the way you phrased your last post was dead-on perfection. and beyond kind.

now. do you know daniel's phone number?!

kate said...

Those pottery barn towels are adorable... they get my vote. :)

Anonymous said...

"There are definitely loads of details like that to consider into consideration. That's a great stage to provide up. I provide the thoughts over as general inspiration but clearly you can find inquiries like the 1 you carry up where the most crucial point will likely be operating in trustworthy great faith. I don?t know if finest practices have emerged approximately things like that, but I'm sure that your work is plainly recognized as a fair game. In any case, in my language, there are not significantly great supply like this."

--------------------------------------------
my website is
http://frenchspeaking.org

Also welcome you!