Friday, October 19, 2007

Home: {hom} n. 1- one's dwelling or residence 2- the country, state, city, etc. where one lives or was reared 3- a family thought of as a unit

thesaurus: homestead, hearth, house, nest, habitation

There's this idea of home that I'm fascinated with: not just a physical location, but a place that you really feel completely and totally perfect, a retreat, where nothing in the world can harm you and no one can intrude unless you open the door and let them in. Its a great concept and I'm still looking for it. I'm sure its in England somewhere, and I'm sure it looks just like Kate Winslet's cottage in "The Holiday" or like this:

Yes, as a matter of fact I am shamelessly a daughtry geek:
I'm staring out into the night,Trying to hide the pain.I'm going to the place where loveAnd feeling good don't ever cost a thing.And the pain you feel's a different kind of pain.Well I'm going home,Back to the place where I belong,And where your love has always been enough for me.I'm not running from.No, I think you got me all wrong.I don't regret this life I chose for me.But these places and these faces are getting old,So I'm going home.Well I'm going home.The miles are getting longer, it seems,The closer I get to you.I've not always been the best man or friend for you.But your love remains true.And I don't know why.You always seem to give me another try.So I'm going home,Back to the place where I belong,And where your love has always been enough for me.I'm not running from.No, I think you got me all wrong.I don't regret this life I chose for me.But these places and these faces are getting old,Be careful what you wish for,'Cause you just might get it all.You just might get it all,And then some you don't want.Be careful what you wish for,'Cause you just might get it all.You just might get it all, yeah.Oh, well I'm going home,Back to the place where I belong,And where your love has always been enough for me.I'm not running from.No, I think you got me all wrong.I don't regret this life I chose for me.But these places and these faces are getting old.I said these places and these faces are getting old,So I'm going home.I'm going home.

There's this fabulous scene in "Garden State" that sort of explains it too:
You know that point in your life when you realize the house you grew up in isn't really your home anymore. All of a sudden even if though you have some place where you put your shit, that idea of home is gone.. .its like you can never get it back, you feel homesick for a place that doesn't even exist. . . I miss the idea of it, maybe that's all that family really is; other people that miss the same imaginary place.

I'll find this place soon, hopefully someone will be there waiting for me with an anxious but steady heart - like Buster and Roxy waiting for my mom home from a long trip
please forgive me for the Buble':
Another summer dayHas come and gone awayIn Paris and RomeBut I wanna go homeMmmmmmmmMaybe surrounded byA million people IStill feel all aloneI just wanna go homeOh, I miss you, you knowAnd I’ve been keeping all the letters that I wrote to youEach one a line or two“I’m fine baby, how are you?”Well I would send them but I know that it’s just not enoughMy words were cold and flatAnd you deserve more than thatAnother aeroplaneAnother sunny placeI’m lucky I knowBut I wanna go homeMmmm, I’ve got to go homeLet me go homeI’m just too far from where you areI wanna come homeAnd I feel just like I’m living someone else’s lifeIt’s like I just stepped outsideWhen everything was going rightAnd I know just why you could notCome along with me'Cause this was not your dreamBut you always believed in meAnother winter day has comeAnd gone awayIn even Paris and RomeAnd I wanna go homeLet me go homeAnd I’m surrounded byA million people IStill feel all aloneOh, let me go homeOh, I miss you, you knowLet me go homeI’ve had my runBaby, I’m doneI gotta go homeLet me go homeIt will all be all rightI’ll be home tonightI’m coming back home

No comments: